Thoughts on first class

I was supposed to start my spiritual journey last year but life happened and I didn't attend classes anymore. I didn't lose faith but I allowed work to become my primary focus. However, I was struggling internally. Loneliness can be brutal if you are not strong. The feeling of isolation, no one being there for you, no one to hold you, no one to say you will be okay, etc. etc.. I rarely check my email but last week I opened my email and saw I was automatically enrolled in the new session and the focus would be on ACTS. I took this as a sign to begin my alignment with GOD. I pray every night and thank him every morning for awaking me however still feel I am missing something. I can't tell what but as with anything in life, I took this as a sign to start my journey despite my hesitancy. I entered the classroom like a small child attending school for the first time. Nervous and scared. I sat patiently watching as each of the ladies enter the room seeing I could find a connection. Silly, I know. I looked at each one and thought what do I have in common with them? At first glance, it appears nothing. I wondered why isn't there more diversity. I was questioning so many things in my head and simply reminded myself we are all here to become closer to GOD. As I sat and listened to their stories, I was still struggling. I kept quiet and just listened. I felt like an outsider and really no connection. I called my friend and shared my concerns. She reminded me that it was the first day and to breathe. I told her how I shared my story about last week. There are so many moving factors occurring in my life and some days are tougher than others but on this particular day, I was looking at my new watch that I had scratched. I was at the stop light and looked at the face of the watch when I realized the film was still on it. I immediately pulled it off and was in awe. I did not damage my watch and on this morning, I knew GOD was with me. I took this as a sign, that even in my hardest days - he is always with me and I am never alone. The ladies appreciated that small yet powerful reminder. As I embark on this journey, I know there will be rough days but I do believe I will survive because of my faith. I am far from perfect and have so much to fix but the difference is today I am ready to take small steps towards self love and trusting in him. I look forward to sharing my story on life in general, the imperfections of me, my spiritual growth and all the in between of my not so perfect life as I start the next Chapter.

Comments